Turning 65~What Now Does Life Hold For Me

Ok I wasnt going to tell I am turning 65 but why shouldn't I, I am a Baby Boomer along with thousands of others, lots of cool celebrities. Turing 65 is a life passage they say, not sure what voyage I have been on, I was not schooled in turning 65, it just happens. And when I googled turning 65, all I saw was AARP, medicare, ways to save on insurance, I got a bunch of junk mail about signing up for Medicare, yeah I have medicare, just means I dont have to pay big premiums for the insurance anymore, and if I need drugs I get discounts. 

 2000 2008  2012 

I get some perks, I can join a fitness club for free, I get discounts I did not get before, like coffee at McDonalds for 55 cents, I have to ask as they dont know who is 65, thats ok, at least its like being ID'd when I was younger, a long time ago.............

However, what happened to my body, it hurts in the morning, I cant sleep the way I used to, my favorite position, I wake up all stiff, I can't run circles around my kids anymore, (they used to call me the energizer bunny, I could walk the Mall faster than them) my skin is always dry and I have more wrinkles I need more creams,  but hey, other than a few aches and pains a little tired covering, I dont have much to complain about. I just wish someone would of told me this was coming, they kept it secret, thought I would not find out, ha I did, we all do............

So I'm the big 65 and proud of it, I have seen many changes in my years, not to mention my 4 kids grew up, have kids of their own, and I have great granddaughter and I'm excite to say another on the way.

If you were to ask me what are the biggest changes I have seen in my life, it is all the technology, it amazes me, it changes faster than a roll of toilet paper. Oh and all the wonderful actors and actresses I grew up admiring that have passed on.  

A sad note is to say that I have lost a son James, in my lifetime, was devastating to me, no-one should loose a child while they are a parent. (I miss him so, his hugs were always so special!!) He was loving and kid and would have done anything for anyone!! xoxo

So on this day Jan 7th I will have experienced 65 birthday's, to many candles for a cake now, would burn down the house, but I'd take one.
Love German Chocolate & Ice Cream! To much! 

I wonder what this year has in store for me.............. I know I will keep blogging and meeting new friends and I hope to visit my kids and grandkids more, garden more, eat less, and have some fun!  The Baby Boomers live on............





If you would like to receive the latest updates on events giveaways and great promotions.           Delivered byFeedBurner

Comments

  1. Happy birthday my sweet bloggy friend, I hope the day is as sweet as you are. I also am very sorry for the loss of your son. I trust that fond memories have now replaced deep sadness.xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Featuring fashion styles and trends, DIY fashions, jewelry, accessories. From time to time I will offer giveaways and at Live Laugh Love To Shop we love your visits and comments. Thank you for each one!

Popular Posts